Chartered Accountant (Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand)
Chartered Accountant of Scotland
Iain is a specialist tax partner in the Auckland office and has been advising on close to 30 years.
He is known as BDO’s Eye on Tax and advises a wide range of companies on inbound and outbound tax issues and runs the tax compliance programme for a large number of overseas owned subsidiaries.
Recent assignments include:
- assisting cloud based technology companies doing business offshore;
- transaction advice on the acquisition of dairy plant manufacturer;
- structuring advice for property development;
- restructure work for overseas investment in Hotel and Property;
- various transfer pricing reports;
- thin capitalisation advice for a major asset leasing and finance company prior to an acquisition.
Iain is an expat Scot and a passionate golfer. Iain represents New Zealand at curling and has completed a number of triathlons of varying distances.
He is a member of the Globalscot network set up by the Scottish Government to leverage their expatriate diaspora.
He currently presides over a single malt tasting club in Auckland.
Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Bachelor of Commerce (University of Edinburgh)