Fellow Chartered Accountant (Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand)
Frank has over 25 years' experience in public pratice specialising in taxation consulting.
His experience includes advising New Zealand based and non-resident businesses trusts and high net worth individuals on tax compliance issues and tax planning opportunities. His specific areas of interest include business structures, use of trusts, property transactions, mergers/ acquisitions and efficient methods of profit distribution. Frank has provided domestic and international tax advice to a variety of businesses, including those in tourism, hospitality, manufacturing and property development sectors.
Frank is a member of the National CAANZ liaison group with the Inland Revenue. This group meets regularly to discuss and develop operational and tax policy issues within Inland Revenue. Where Frank can contribute views and issues on behalf of members and tax payers to make a positive change for all. Frank is also a trusted advisor to clients, being a director and/or trustee for a number of companies and trusts.
Recent experience includes:
- Tax due diligence on the acquisition of a business;
- Assisting setting up business structures for clients operating in foreign jurisdictions
- Advising on restructure of corporate group to meet family and commercial objectives, achieving tax efficiencies in the process;
- Advising on corporate/trust structures and taxation planning;
- Assisting businesses with tax arrears to reach settlement with Inland Revenue; and
- Acting as an expert witness on taxation matters being heard before the High Court
Specialist areas include:
- Personal and company taxation
- Trusts and Trusteeships
- Managing tax audits
- Business Restructuring
- Merger and acquisitions
Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Member of the Institute of Directors
Bachelor of Commerce