Chartered Accountant (Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand)
Mark has 20 years' taxation experience in New Zealand and the UK, advising on domestic and international tax issues to individuals, small to medium enterprises and large multinational corporations.
More recently, Mark has advised on the income tax and GST consequences of:
- Complex business re-organisations and structuring in both domestic and international markets (including shareholder entry and exits, and asset transfers)
- Employee shareholder schemes
- Classification of trusts
- Residency (for individuals and companies)
- Offshore entities seeking to establish operations in New Zealand
- Complex land transactions
- Successfully assisting taxpayers through audit and disputes process with Inland Revenue.
Member of Chartered Accountants of Australia & New Zealand
New Zealand Manufacturers and Exporters Association
Canterbury Development Corporation
CCH – Presenter at the annual tax and law conference in Christchurch
Institute of Directors
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Independent director, Te Poho o Tamatea (charitable organisation)
Qualified life guard and qualified crew person for Sumner Surf Life Club
Strong supporter of Cure Kids and participated in many various events (from the $10 challenge, travelling from Auckland to Queenstown with $10 only, to the Great Adventure Race endurance event) raising in excess of $100,000.